Internships available in the areas of Black Women's Health, Campus Outreach, Community Outreach, Grassroots Organizing, Lifting Latina Voices, Legislative Organizing, Men for Equality and Reproductive Justice, and Political Organizing.
- Black Women’s Health Outreach Internship: While working in a team, plans and puts together educational meetings or forums on black women’s health disparities and reproductive justice issues. Also assists with outreach, promotion, and building community partnerships that build connections and awareness of FWHC’s programming to black women. People skills, enthusiasm, phone aptitude, writing, and organizing skills are needed as well as weekend time availability.
- Campus Outreach Internship: Identifies “friendly” campus groups, faculty, and administrators and develops a strategic plan to build relationships with these groups, faculty, and administrators. May include visits to target groups or faculty, recruiting students to be “campus liaisons” and making presentations, depending on progress. People skills, listening skills and a desire to learn are needed.
- Community Outreach Internship (only available March through December): Assists with organizing outreach events, such as tables in festivals, health fairs, and other venues for raising awareness and recruitment for FWHC including following up with contacts to interested sign-ups at outreach activities; prepares you for a position in grassroots organizing, community outreach, and other non-profit work. People skills, enthusiasm, phone aptitude, writing, and organizing skills are needed as well as weekend time availability.
- Grassroots Organizing Internship (Volunteer Recruitment): Assist with recruiting and coordinating volunteers into the planned activities of the Center such as volunteer nights, meet n’ greets, craft nights, and leadership workshops. Assist with updating volunteer orientation packets and other similar materials. Recruitment experience is the foundation of many aspects of non-profit work in advocacy, fundraising, training, and organizing programs. People skills, enthusiasm, phone aptitude and planning skills are needed, as well as some evening hours.
- Lifting Latina Voices Internship (requires fluency in Spanish): Assists with recruiting and coordinating volunteers into the planned activities of the Center targeted towards Latinas. You will assist with organizing outreach events, such as tables in festivals, health fairs, house meetings, and other venues for raising awareness and recruitment for the Lifting Latina Voices Initiative; prepares you for a position in grassroots organizing, health education, and other non-profit work. People skills, enthusiasm, phone aptitude, and organizing skills are needed.
- Legislative Organizing Internship (only available January through March-April): Assists with recruiting and engaging FWHC volunteers and supporters to further legislative and educational goals of FWHC. Will assist with identifying key constituencies or community partners and implement mobilizing strategies and assist with planning and implementing grassroots advocacy activities such as a weekly advocacy day every Wednesday during the session. Assist with preparing materials, alerts, activists’ updates, etc.; prepares you for a position in politics, community organizing, and lobbying. Organizing, people skills, and interest in politics are needed.
- Men for Equality and Reproductive Justice (MERJ) Internship: Responsible for much of the Center’s outreach, education and recruitment efforts targeted to men, including tabling at festival, speaking at group’s meeting, responding to inquiries, posting notices in free media calendars and list serves, and others; will assist with creating and producing recruitment materials targeted to men. Skills needed are writing and organizational, as well as an outgoing personality.
- Political Organizing Internship: Assists with planning and implementation of grassroots strategies to recruit, engage, and support for the full access to reproductive freedom, especially grassroots activities such as house parties and phonebanks; prepares you for a position in politics, community organizing, and lobbying. Organizing skills, people skills, and interest in politics is needed.