As the first facility in Atlanta to provide Donor Insemination services to both single and lesbian women, we are proud to remain at the forefront of women’s healthcare by offering one of the most holistic and innovative donor insemination programs in the South.
Making Parenthood Possible with Donor Insemination
Since 1988, the Feminist Women’s Health Center has offered a DI program open to all women, regardless of race, marital status, or sexual orientation. Prior to that time, single and lesbian women seeking to become pregnant through insemination often had to pose as married women in order to receive help from private physicians. The Center’s pioneering work has changed attitudes among many physicians, thus creating many more options for women.
What sets us apart?
- Comprehensive fertility program
- Affordable treatment options, especially important during these trying economic times
- Preconception health evaluation/screening
- Ongoing medical assessment by a licensed gynecologist, including the management of ovulation induction medications, wen indicated, to optimize fertility
- An integrated approach of traditional and holistic medical perspectives, including acupuncture
- Ultrasound assessment of ovulation to better optimize insemination timing and success
- Weekend and holiday appointments for inseminations
- Counseling and information regarding donor options (known vs anonymous)
- Prenatal resources and referrals (i.e. yoga, massage, childbirth classes) for contuned quality healthcare once pregnant
- Long history of support for the LGBT Community's family-building options
For more information, call 404-728-7900