This abortion care service is designed specifically for people and families who have made the difficult decision to end a wanted pregnancy due to a fetal anomaly. We understand that this can be an overwhelmingly painful time for patients and we are committed to providing you with the care and support that you need.
What to expect
- Prep: Do not eat or drink anything after midnight before the day of your procedure.
- Complete paperwork: You can fill out forms ahead of your appointment or complete them at our clinic.
- Ultrasound exam: You will undergo an ultrasound exam to confirm the length of pregnancy.
- Lab work: We will perform routine blood tests before the procedure.
- Private Counseling Session: We offer a private counseling session with a trained and compassionate health educator to help patients (and their families) to cope with this difficult procedure.
- Private waiting room:We understand that ending a wanted pregnancy can be a very traumatic and painful time. We do our best to provide you with the privacy and space you need through this time. When available, we offer a private waiting room for fetal anomaly patients and their support person/s.
- Procedure: Your procedure will depend on how far along you are in your pregnancy. For more information see medication abortion or surgical abortion.
- Fetal Tissue Testing: Should you or your OB/GYN require further testing on the fetal tissue, please let the health educator know at the time of scheduling your appointment. We are able to accommodate this request, but only if arranged prior to arriving for your appointment.
- Cremation services: We have partnered with a local funeral home to cremate all fetal tissue. Should you want to receive the remains, you can speak to one of our health educators for more information.
We offer some services and support to help grieving patients and their families cope with their loss. You will receive specific aftercare instructions at the end of your appointment. You can also read them here. In case of an emergency, please contact us at 404-728-7900 or 1-800-877-6013.
See our pricing page for estimated prices. Final prices will be determinded at the time of your visit and depending on your particular medical history and needs. Financial assistance is available. Call 404-728-900 or 1-800-877-6013 to learn more.
Make an appointment
Call 404-728-900 or 1-800-877-6013 to make an appointment with us. You can schedule your appointment in Spanish too. Our trained health educators will assist you with setting up an appointment at your convenience and will answer any questions you may have. Please Note: We will need information from you about the referring doctor as well as the diagnosed fetal abnormality. We usually prefer that your medical records be faxed over to us ahead of your appointment. More appointment information here.
For patients who have a chronic condition (e.g. thyroid, seizures, sickle cell, cardiac issues, lupus, etc.) and are receiving treatment for it, we will need a medical clearance from the provider before you can undergo an abortion procedure. If you are not sure if your medical issue requires medical clearance, please alert your health educator when making your appointment for further information.