Volunteer ApplicationWe are excited that you want to volunteer with us. Learn more about our application and training process here.
Application & Training process
Fill out application form: Fill out this Volunteer Application Form to tell us just how fabulous you are and why you would like to volunteer with us!
Reference check: In your application form, you will be asked to give us a reference. We will contact them to conduct a routine reference check.
Phone interview: Once you have been cleared by the reference check you will be contacted by a volunteer or staff member from our organization. We will conduct a brief interview to learn a little more about you. If we think you are a fit for our organization, we will have you sign up for a volunteer orientation at the end of the interview.
Attend Orientation: This orientation is mandatory for all volunteers. During orientation you will learn more about our organization, services, programs, volunteer policies, volunteer opportunities and more!
Welcome to Feminist: Once you have attended our orientation, that’s it! You are now a part of the Feminist family. You will receive a Welcome email from our Community Engagement Coordinator to remind you about all the various ways that you can sign up for opportunities and stay connected with us. You can also check our activity calendar to sign up for events and volunteering opportunities!
Additional Trainings Required: Apart from the volunteer orientation, some volunteer roles require you to undergo additional training/s. This information will be available on our activity and event calendar as well. If you are unsure if this applies to you, ask our Community Engagement Manager. These trainings include:
- Reproductive Justice Advocacy Workshop (Mandatory for Legislative Advocacy volunteers)
- Power & Privilege Workshop (Strongly recommended for community based volunteers
- Tabling Training (Mandatory for festival volunteers)
- Clinic Liaison Training (Mandatory for clinic liaisons)
- Voter Registration Training (Mandatory for volunteers who help out with voter registration activities)
- Legislative Advocacy Workshop (Strongly recommended for grassroots organizing volunteers)