We are always looking for talented people who are passionate and committed to reproductive health, rights and justice. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our team.
To apply to one of our job openings, please provide the following for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter demonstrating your commitment to reproductive health, rights, and justice*;
- Professional resume*.
*PDF attachments only.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Job Type: Part-time
Reports to: Clinic Administrator & Nurse Manager
- Graduate of an approved Licensed Practical Nurse Program with current licensure in the state of Georgia
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in required clinical skills, procedures, and equipment pertinent to the practice of GYN/Abortion care. Transgender friendly is required.
- Commitment to reproductive health, rights, and justice is required.
- Upbeat, positive, personable, and ability to relate well with diverse people and age groups is required.
- Assumes the responsibility of annual CPR certification as mandated by FWHC’s policy.
- Ability to remain on feet for long hours and physically lift to transfer patients.
- Ability to provide care and information in a supportive, respectful and non-judgmental manner.
- Flexibility in handling multiple tasks, prioritizing tasks under pressure and working in different areas.
- Ability to take direction, follow directions and to make judgment decisions within the scope of assigned task.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus, but not required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Helps RN to perform pre-operative assessment when needed, including reviewing the client’s medical history, listening to heart and lungs, and inserting I.V.’s.
- Reports any complications to the Clinic Administrator, Nurse Supervisor, & attending physician responds to emergencies per FWHC policy and procedures.
- Assists RN in aftercare room to receive clients, being sure ample supplies are available, emergency equipment is available, and functioning properly. Monitors post-operative / post-anesthesia clients until discharge and remains until the last client is discharged.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and legible records of nursing observations and nursing care, and reviews clients’ charts prior to discharge to ensure completion.
- Assists in maintaining good clinic flow.
- Takes patient calls regarding lab results and post-abortion concerns. Communicates with Clinic Administrator, Nurse Manager, and MD to provide appropriate follow up care.
- Lists drugs and supplies when needed on order list.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client & clinic-related information consistent with HIPAA and FWHC policies.
- Ensures with a high level of consciousness and constant vigilance that each client receives the quality health care needed within the scope of clinic services and FWHC policies, procedures and guidelines, and ensuring that necessary safety precautions are taken.
- Is a role model for peers and actively promotes professional growth by sharing knowledge, participating in conferences and teaching new employees.
- Works effectively with clinic staff, RNs, and physicians; possessing tact, discretion, diplomacy & professionalism.
Upholds Feminist Center’s values by:
- Maintaining work performance consistent with the policies and procedures
- Demonstrating an ability to work well with diverse groups of people.
- Maintaining a high degree of professional ethics, which includes confidentiality of all client, volunteer & employee information, business strategies, etc.
- Utilizing work time efficiently and with integrity.
- Contributing to a positive team environment through reliability and accountability; communicating positively and assertively; &appreciating and recognizing your team members.
- Communicating effectively with supervisors on the status of work in progress, including written status reports and staff meetings.
- Completing projects and work assignments as assigned by deadlines.
- Communicating questions about work assignments or deadlines to supervisors.